// >//]]>
...feed your soul with art & creativity!

Monday, April 1, 2013

Outta Whack!

Some days things you plan just don't unfold the way you thought they might.  Things get outta whack!  When that happens...you just have to punt.  Be flexible.  Change your expectations and allow the mystery of your day to unfold.



Today I had an entirely different plan for what I would work on.  But then I realized that it is supposed to be stormy weather for most of the week here and a significant portion of what I was going to do then is outdoor related or requires me to be outside.  I was going to work indoors on the computer and designing art.  In light of the impending rain, I switched it up and moved things around on my calender/schedule.

Somehow, miraculously, by being open to the change, my week is a lot less harried and stressful and I was even able to plug in some fun and playtime.

I received an email from a colleague the other day that said in a nutshell, "there is no flexibility to change the current situation."  I say, "hogwash."  All things are re-negotiable so long as you are 1) willing and 2) flexible.

Today things are outta whack, but it is turning out for the better.

P.S.  I got curious about this term "Outta Whack".