// >//]]>
...feed your soul with art & creativity!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Resolutions

"Beautiful Monster" most recently on display at the Oxford Community Art Center
May 2012 solo show (c) Stephanie Zing 2012 Used with permission.  All rights reserved.
Traditionally, New Resolutions are made on either New Year's Eve or New Year's Day.  I missed that opportunity this year and with the many changes 2012 have wrought in my artistic life, it feels like now is the right time to consider what I want to do to reinvent my artistic world. I've moved away from my studio at the Pendleton Art Center in Middletown Ohio and am getting ready to embark on my exploration of the Gainesville/Ocala Florida artistic corridor.

I'm sad to say that for the third time in as many years, my art studio is in boxes waiting to be unpacked.  That fun begins June 1--and although I LOVED my studio in Oxford and I LOVED my studio in Middletown, I'm hoping that this third time really IS the charm and I can create my studio to be a permanent haven that reflects the look and feel I want it to--even if it takes me a while to get it there. 

I plan to document this process of recreating my studio, but in the meantime, I decided I need some public commitments to keep me on track.  I resolve:

1.  to blog at least three times a week.  Please follow my post and send me your comments and thoughts on my topics.  Feedback will help keep me motivated.

2.  to work on developing new venues to sell my current inventory before beginning new works.  With this in mind, I'll be revising and adding items to my Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop/BohemianArtCafe  and Ebay http://myworld.ebay.com/bohemianartcafe stores (actually, I haven't had anything on either of them for a very long time--but that is going to change within the next 60 days.) I'll also be revising my website http://www.bohemianartcafe.com/.


3.  to develop a strong, new art community both virtually and here in my new homeland of Florida.  This includes finding a co-op where I can be a member, to find some venues for group or solo gallery shows, and to join the area art leagues.  I'm very excited to meet new friends, colleagues and see what people here are working on.

These feel like important resolutions.  Perhaps, since resolutions don't often get kept, setting them in the middle of the year will help me to keep them.  Blogging will also help.

Have you thought of setting new resolutions mid-year?  How do you keep your resolutions? I'm happy to hear any one's tips on keeping resolutions.